Wednesday, June 14, 2006

"A new era in Canadian politics"

ANOTHER BCY4K ENDORSEMENT:
"After meeting, then doing some research on Gerard Kennedy I am now surer than ever that he is the best person to lead the Liberal Party of Canada and indeed the nation into a new and great era.
I had the pleasure of personally meeting Mr. Kennedy in Kelowna, and I knew I was in the midst of a person with immense charisma and a grand vision for the party and the country as a whole. Aside from treating me, and the other young liberals present, with the utmost of respect, he went on to encourage us to become actively engaged in the political process, unlike any other candidate that I have ever encountered. This was very encouraging and refreshing as you might well imagine.
Essentially, Mr. Kennedy had the effect of revitalizing my faith and energy in federal politics. I am confident he will do the same for the Liberal party. Aside from rebuilding our party, I believe, due to his amazing record of public service, that Mr. Kennedy has the ability and heartfelt intention of restoring Canada’s role and image as a leader in humanitarian, social and economic efforts, both nationally and internationally.
If given the opportunity I believe he can be the Prime Minister to bring Canada to the forefront of international affairs, making it a leader nation whose values and reputation are applauded and respected worldwide, as they once were. To me, Gerard Kennedy represents the ushering in of a new era in Canadian politics, an era which I am extremely proud to be part of and support."

- Matthew Dyck, an Active Young Liberal and BC Youth 4 Kennedy from BC's Beautiful Interior